[WSBAPT] widow and credit card debt

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 18:37:52 PST 2020

Joshua:

Most importantly - she never uses it post-mortem. Then it’s hers.

I once had a similar situation. Card was his from before the marriage. We waited out the two years and sent them a letter notifying the bank it was time barred (there was a probate because of a will contest).

It would have worked ... but for her post-mortem use. The bank reported her to the credit rating companies as she was trying to qualify for a mortgage.

Banks do try to collect even after SOL has run or discharge in bankruptcy. At that point you just ignore them.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone