[WSBAPT] Joint bank accounts and survival requirement

Jennifer Johnson jmhanigan at cni.net
Tue Dec 8 11:25:57 PST 2020

Thank you John,

I’m making my way through the Account Agreement (this is a Wells Fargo account), and what I’ve found so far is:

“Joint tenants with right of survivorship: When you hold an account as joint tenants with right of survivorship and one of you dies, the account is payable to the surviving co-owner, subject to our rights under the Agreement.”

And

“The laws governing your account include •Laws, rules, and regulations of the United States, and •Laws of the state where you opened your account (without regard to conflict of laws principles). For consumer and business accounts (except analyzed business accounts), your account statement will identify the state whose laws govern your account. If a different state law applies, we will notify you.”

Wells Fargo has stated that the 120 hour requirement applies.

Jennifer