[WSBAPT] Rights in video games devisable?

Laura Latta laura at lauralatta.com
Thu Dec 3 09:16:43 PST 2020

Hello Listmates,

Here's a novel (for me) question: Are rights in videos games devisable?
Back in the day when such things were tangible property, the answer was
easy, but asvideo games are now in the nature of a license that is accessed
through an online account, I'm wondering if the owner/purchaser can devise
them in his/her will?

Short of reading the license agreement for each game, does anyone have a
general sense of the ability of a licensee to pass on the rights after
death? And does anyone have language to address such a gift that they would
be willing to share?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

--

*Laura LattaLaw Office of Laura Latta PLLC*

she/her

Phone (206) 841-2344

www.LauraLatta.com

PO Box 82356

Kenmore, WA 98028

*NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by
reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without
copying it or disclosing its contents to others.*