[WSBAPT] Pets in Will

Dalynne Singleton dalynne at glgmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:25:07 PDT 2020

I have a different request for a Will:  The married couple has several animals and most are not well.  They have no one to leave these animals (dogs and horse).
Upon the death of the 2nd spouse, any living pets will be destroyed and put with the cremated remains of the decedent.
I suggested contacting the vet clinic where they currently treat their pets to see if there is an alternative to destruction.  Any other suggestions?

Does anyone have language for a Will or is there a separate directive to be made for directions for pets after death?  Thank you.

Dalynne Singleton
Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection
1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091
Snohomish, WA 98291
360.568.5065
360.568.8092  fax
dalynne at glgmail.com<mailto:dalynne at glgmail.com>
Website:  www.glglawgroup.com

As we face the challenges presented by COVID-19, we want to update you as to the steps we are taking at Gourley Law Group.  Our top priority is the health & safety of our employees, clients, colleagues, friends, & all of their families & communities. Therefore, I am working remotely.  We have limited staffing in the office to maintain critical functions. We are able to make & receive telephone calls, access files, emails & voicemails.  Attorney/client meetings will be handled by teleconference or virtually whenever possible.  Be assured that we will continue to advise & support our clients throughout this health emergency.

If you would like to set a telephone conference or in-person meeting, please email my paralegal theresa at glgmail.com<mailto:theresa at glgmail.com> or dara at glgmail.com<mailto:dara at glgmail.com>.

Please be advised, we are requiring all clients with scheduled appointments coming in, as well as our staff, to be prepared to wear a face mask or adequate covering during all in office interactions.

LICENSED IN WASHINGTON AND OREGON
IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).  Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.
[cid:image001.png at 01D67A22.5D354FE0]  [Rated by Super Lawyers] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.superlawyers.com_redir-3Fr-3Dhttp-3A__www.superlawyers.com_washington_lawyer_Gary-2DManca_ca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402.html-26c-3Demail-5FSmall-5Fbadge-26i-3Dca059d21-2D1b6e-2D4fca-2Db396-2D80c253f82402&d=DwMGaQ&c=4VfW4Y7UDKzr0jHM1Tk29w&r=wJy-5dBh2e8cdp8KTDyWsjq7WPfG_HRNpImWO5yfs2A&m=FCmO2jSMMhwxfYb-8WN5A3L-M6GKeJ_8gc6cS3vECHM&s=z2j9M4GPJAL7pempIOe0TGAPkMWrzXJSlY1lyMRDlRg&e=>     [cid:image003.gif at 01D67A22.5D354FE0]    [cid:image004.png at 01D67A22.5D354FE0]