[WSBAPT] a new take on an old scam

tjw tjw at w3net.net
Thu Aug 20 17:32:37 PDT 2020

Hey Mike, funny story. I had a very similar one couple years ago. It came in as I was traveling to UK. When I arrived Heathrow I  saw the message. They left a phone number to call so I called and got answering machine. I left a message i was in London and for them to call me with directions to their office. Guess my inheritance wasn't to be since they never called back.😄Hope yours comes  through. Regards, Tom Westbrook Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mike Winslow <mike at winslegal.com> Date: 8/20/20  3:50 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com> Subject: [WSBAPT] a new take on an old scam Received this by email today. Copied verbatim, with typos.Note that the sender says their email address is with UN.org. that’s the moniker for the United Nations.My family came on the Mayflower to Plymouth Colony, so we are a bit removed from the cousins in the UK at this point. Geewhiz… I wonder…This scam is noted at several sites on the Net. Hello mike at winslegal.com, It is good to be in contact with you even though this medium of communication has been grossly abused by impostors and criminal minded people thereby making it difficult for people with genuine struggle to correspond and exchange views without skepticism.I am contacting you because you share the same last name with a deceased client of mine who died few years ago. He left behind a lot of bank deposits with no will to mention a next of kin. I have been in recent communication with the banks where he has these deposits and they have made it abundantly clear that I should provide any of his relatives to come forward and claim his money.According to the laws of England and Wales, section 46 of the Administration of Estates Act of 1925 (with subsequent amendments).  It is my plan therefore to present you as a relative to my late client so that his deposit can be transferred to you legally by virtue of the fact that you share the same last name and I can easily present you as his relative. I will make this presentation possible as it is my sole responsibility as the legal Administrator and I will guide you all the way until his funds are released to you. We shall be sharing the proceed of this claim equally if you accept to work with me. I will share more details with you upon your positive response to my email. I hope to hear from you soon. Best Wishes, Bar.Mark SmithPrincipal Partner'SMITH GLOBAL LAW' <Smithlegal.group at Un.org> Michael A. Winslow1204 Cleveland Ave.Mount Vernon, WA 98273Ph. 360-336-3321Em. Mike at winslegal.com This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.