[WSBAPT] Bank not recognizing Administrator , wants "Successor in Interest"

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Thu Aug 13 16:06:24 PDT 2020

Peter,

Institutions can be so frustrating.  Is the spouse by chance the beneficiary of the home and will he be able to afford it?  It doesn't sound at all like the bank is operating in a way they are allowed however I have learned the hard way that those preprinted documents (especially if older) have some odd provisions.  I would be tempted to have another bank call for a pay-off number and refinance elsewhere - from a practical perspective this may get you to where you need to be.  I can't imagine that a bank wouldn't speak to another bank.

Second thought is to have client carry in a threatening letter from you with citations to RCW indicating what an Administrator has the power to do if time permits but it sounds like things are moving close to foreclosure. I would send copies to the home office, attention: legal and I would mention any proper citations to attorney fees, etc. etc.

Third thought is a TEDRA Action and set for hearing on the merits for the 20 days or whatever it is and maybe see if you can get a temporary injunction to delay foreclosure.  There is no reason for the bank to not recognize the letters of admin.....unless someone out there has something to share that I have not come across.

I would love to hear how it works out.  Again, I can not think of any legal authority that can allow the bank to make this demand -

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.