[WSBAPT] Case # or pleadings needed

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Wed Aug 12 19:39:51 PDT 2020

  Law Office of
F.ANDREKITA SILVA

.
                               August 12, 2020

Ken,

I don’t know if you received any responses to your inquiry. However, I
believe a parents’ remedy against their child would be the same as a
person’s remedy against any third party who is harassing them.

They can file a Petition for anti-harassment. A person can be
restrained from harassing in person, through the mail, or through
other electronic means, directly or indirectly. If the petition is
granted and restraints are entered, it is a crime.  The perpetrator
can be fine and eventually jailed.

If this adult child interfered with business relationships, or
slandered or libeled, or intentionally inflicted emotional distress,
civil actions can be brought.

However, you say that the adult child is mentally ill.  Fining and
jailing the perpetrator isn’t that effective with mentally ill
persons, and could just exacerbate the problem.

Unless the mentally ill person has assets from which the parents can
be made whole if they secure a judgment in a civil action (even
assuming a jury wants to go there), it’s not clear that the parents
have remedies that will stop this child’s inappropriate conduct.

So, I don’t know if your client would find relief from available options.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000
Seattle, Washington 98101
206-224-8288
www.seattle-silvalaw.com

Quoting Ken Luce <Ken.Luce at lucelawfirm.com>:

> Pleadings requested.  Anyone know of a litigation to stop a child
> harassing a parent by litigation, comments on internet, sending
> small bank checks to friends with demeaning statements. Child
> mentally disturbed but continues.
>

>    KEN LUCE
>

>    LUCE & ASSOCIATES, P.S.
>

>    4505 Pacific Hwy. E., Suite A
>

>    Tacoma, WA 98424
>

>    T: (253) 922-8724
>

>    F: (253) 922-2802
>

>    WWW.LUCELAWFIRM.COM[1]  [2]
>

>    IMPORTANT NOTICE TO EMAIL RECIPIENTS
>

>    1. The information contained in this e-mail and accompanying
> attachments constitute confidential information which may be legally
> privileged and is intended for the sole use of the addressee.  If
> you are not the intended recipient of this information, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
> reliance on this information is strictly prohibited and may be
> unlawful. This information is the property of Luce & Associates,
> P.S.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify us
> immediately by return e-mail or by calling (253) 922-8724.
>

>    2.  This e-mail transmission may not be secure and may be
> illegally intercepted.  Clients of Luce & Associates, P.S. are asked
> to use their best judgment in determining whether the topic of an
> e-mail response is such that it would be better saved for a more
> secure means of communication.
>

>    3.  The sender believes that this e-mail and any attachments are
> free of any virus.  However, by reading this message and opening any
> attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking
> remedial action regarding any viruses or other defects.
>

>    4.  All Luce & Associates’ attorneys are licensed to practice law
> in Washington and do not intend to give legal advice to anyone with
> legal matters not involving Washington law or federal law or to
> those who are not clients of this firm.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.lucelawfirm.com/