[WSBAPT] To Close Probate when (untimely) creditor's claims are coming

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Aug 11 09:12:28 PDT 2020

List -

I have a very simple probate matter - Father leaves all to the one son.
Can't get more cut and dry than this.

Problem would be with the Creditor's.

All reasonable diligence was done in looking through records of deceased
house to send known creditor notices.  Publication occurred at the very
beginning and the 4 month period has run.

All deadlines passed June 1, 2020.

But we are still getting collection agency notices and creditor's claims.
The estate is wanting to close.  My question is this: what is the
obligation to respond to untimely creditor's claims? If we proceed to close
and a month goes by and my office gets another creditor's claim....duty to
respond with the formal rejection?

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *