[WSBAPT] Patent Valuation Referral

lcvargo at comcast.net lcvargo at comcast.net
Mon Aug 10 14:05:35 PDT 2020

Hello Listmates,

I hope everyone is doing well as we continue to move forward during these
unprecedented times.

We have an estate that includes patents.  The PR has had no luck in finding
a broker who would be interested in listing the patents and has spoken
informally to some people he knows or was connected to (including a data
scientist and patent attorney).  They have reviewed the patents are have
informally told him that the patents have little or no resale value and that
the technology that the decedent was working solved a problem that no longer
exists.  We are looking to obtain a formal statement from someone who can
look at the patents and then say whether or not they have any value that is
worth holding on to.

Has anyone worked with a company/person they can recommend we could contact
to obtain this opinion from?  Since the assets of the estate are minimal, it
would be helpful if the costs were reasonable.

Thanks for any assistance.

Best,

Lisa

Lisa C. Vargo |  Senior Counsel

Telephone:  (206) 784-5305

Facsimile:  1-866-827-0425

Email:   <mailto:lisa at staceyromberg.com> lisa at staceyromberg.com

Stacey L. Romberg, Attorney at Law

10115 Greenwood Avenue N., PMB #275

Seattle, Washington 98133

Telephone:  (206) 784-5305

Fax:  (206) 789-8103

Website: www.staceyromberg.com

Practice concentrated on business law, estate planning and probate.

NOTICE

The contents of this message and any attachments may be protected by the
attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine or other applicable
protections. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify the sender and promptly delete the message.
Thank you for your assistance.