[WSBAPT] Trustee and Power of Attorney

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed Aug 5 15:57:23 PDT 2020

I think so. A Trustee may delegate duties per RCW 11.98.071<https://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.98&full=true#11.98.071>. Seems like delegating authority to sign a document via a POA should be well within the scope of that statute.

If I were a third party, I would be nervous about accepting a deed with such a signature though, unless the POA was recorded as part of the deed.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone; please call the Seattle office. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis; please call the Seattle office.

MAIL AND DELIVERIES can be received at the Seattle office. For any other needed arrangements, please call the Seattle office.