[WSBAPT] advancement

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Mon Aug 3 10:27:49 PDT 2020

I agree with Terry and others. The right of retention permits the estate to recover a debt that is otherwise uncollectable. In re Smith’s Estate, 179 Wash. 417, 421-422, 38 P.2d 244 (1934). Also see this newer case discussing similar issues: In re Estate of Roe, Washington Court of Appeals Div. III, Case No. 34545-9-III (https://www.courts.wa.gov/opinions/pdf/345459_unp.pdf)
Best,
Nick
Nicholas Pleasants
Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel.
(425) 497-0799 fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.