[WSBAPT] Prior Year RMDs

Carla Wigen c.wigen at lnwm.com
Fri Apr 24 13:27:36 PDT 2020

Hello ListServe members: We have a situation that we have not faced before.  We have been appointed as a PR where the decedent had multiple IRAs and had RMDs that he did not take from 2015 through 2019.  Now the IRA custodians refuse to make distribution of those prior amounts to the Estate.  They are only willing to make distributions to the named IRA beneficiaries.  We are concerned about the decedent's liability for not having taken required distributions as well.  Have any of you worked on such a situation or with a CPA who is very experienced with such a situation.  Thank you for recommendations.  Carla

Carla C. Wigen CPA, J.D.
Managing Director of Fiduciary Strategy  206.464.5088

[cid:image001.png at 01D61A3C.1CA9FA70]<https://lairdnortonwm.com/>

801 Second Avenue, Suite 1600
Seattle, WA 98104
800.426.5105   lairdnortonwm.com<https://lairdnortonwm.com/>

[LNWM Facebook Page]<https://www.facebook.com/#!/lairdnortonwealthmanagement?fref=ts>  [LNWM Twitter Page] <https://twitter.com/LAIRDNORTONWM>   [LNWM YouTube Channel] <http://www.youtube.com/user/lairdnortonwm>   [LNWM LinkedIn Page] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/laird-norton-wealth-management>
Please note: If you are a client corresponding with us via email, you are consenting to our delivery to you of notices and other required information addressed to you at that email address. You may withdraw or amend this consent at any time by notifying us of your preferences. However, we cannot accept or execute trade orders delivered by email. Please call your client advisor to discuss account transactions.