[WSBAPT] A couple probate questions

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Wed Apr 22 07:49:30 PDT 2020

I have made preliminary distributions in various circumstances.  The creditor will actually look to the PR for payment – that is to say the Creditor is not likely to go knocking on a beneficiaries door (absent unusual circumstances).  The PR is the one ultimately on the hook.

In cases where someone is unable to serve due to incapacity, I have attached a physician’s letter.  I have also considered but have not used, having an Agent under a POA signing an affidavit under oath that the Agent is serving under an effective POA due to Principal’s incapacity.  I think this would work in Spokane County as they are somewhat relaxed.  I have not had just the successor be able to sign a document saying the predecessor was incapacitated.

Good luck.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden