[WSBAPT] Termination of Trust

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Thu Apr 9 14:01:21 PDT 2020

To answer your question: yes you can have a waiver.  I have cut and pasted a receipt that I have utilized.

RECEIPT, RELEASE, AND WAIVER AGREEMENT

            I, the undersigned, am a beneficiary of the _________________ TRUST dated __________20__, (“Trust”) with ____________, serving as Trustee.  In consideration of receiving the below identified amount from the Trustee and avoiding the additional delay and expense of involving the court concerning said Trust, I do hereby:

1.            Confirm that I have been advised that a final distribution of $________ will be made to me.  I declare that this Receipt, Release and Waiver shall be immediately effective and irrevocable upon the Trustee’s delivery of the aforementioned sum to me and upon delivery I further acknowledge that  that I will have received all of the property that I am entitled to under the terms of the Trust.

2.            Approve, ratify and confirm all distributions by the Trustee to me.

3.            Approve, ratify, and confirm all of the acts and transactions of the Trustee concerning the Trust.

4.            Release the Trustee of any obligation from obtaining court approval of the Trust distribution, accounting of the Trust, and settlement of the Trust as it pertains to the Trust’s assets distributed.

5.            Waive any and all right to require a full and complete accounting of the Trust.

6.            Waive any applicable statutory waiting periods for closure of the Trust.

7.            Forever release and discharge the Trustee, both in his/her capacity as Trustee and individually, from any and all causes of actions, suits and claims, known or unknown, that I may now have or have in the future against him/her and his/her successors, heirs and assigns, pertaining to or otherwise relating to the Trustee’s acts and transactions in the administration of the Trust. This release and discharge shall not apply to the obligation to deliver the aforementioned sum set forth in Paragraph 1 above.

8.            Agree that in the event there is a valid debt of the Trust that arises after the assets of the Trust are distributed in full, that upon request by the Trustee, that I will immediately and promptly deliver to Trustee such amount that is equivalent to the amount that my share of the Trust would have been liable to pay prior to full distribution of the Trust’s assets.

            I acknowledge that the Trustee is relying upon this Receipt, Release and Waiver Agreement in making the distribution hereunder. In consideration of such reliance, I agree that this instrument shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of me and my respective heirs, personal representatives, successors, and assigns.

DATED this        day of __________________, 20__.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
P.O. Box 1689