[WSBAPT] Is This Creditor Ascertainable?

Susan Donahue sdonahue at sdonahuelaw.com
Wed Apr 1 16:55:37 PDT 2020

I would say that this creditor was unascertainable but came forward in the four month period.  Any creditor that comes forward in the four-month period becomes “ascertainable” and then gets a letter with the creditor’s claim that they have to file.  If they were not ascertainable and come forward after the four month period, they are barred.  This happened to me once.  After the four-month period from when the notice to creditors was published, a hospital presented me a bill, but I rejected it because it was not timely.  I never heard from them again.

Susan

Susan Donahue

Law Office of Susan Donahue

125 West 2nd Avenue, Suite “B”