[WSBAPT] How to handle lack of attestation of witnesses

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Tue Sep 24 16:03:34 PDT 2019

Hi Joyce- In a similar situation recently (Only one witness whose signature was notarized) I filed a petition for appointment of administrator but disclosed the purported Will, with copy attached and reason we thought defective. Judge appointed administrator and we gave notice to those beneficiaries named in defective Will, who were slightly different than heirs at law (your case seems cleaner as they are the same). We are still waiting out the objection period but don’t anticipate problems. Generally, when possible I feel more comfortable over disclosing, especially in an ex parte context. Good luck! Thanks, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)

phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis St. Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.