[WSBAPT] Creditor Claim Rejection

steve mcconnell smcconnelllaw at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:24:02 PDT 2019

I am in the process of rejecting a thoroughly meritless creditor claim. As I was preparing the rejection I realized that the claimant lives in Canada and I cannot stand certified mail to Canada. The statute provides that the rejection is to be formally served or sent via certified mail. I can send the rejection to Canada via registered mail. Would that be sufficient or do I need to formally served the rejection on the claimant? Obviously, I would prefer to mail it as it would be significantly less expensive.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Steven M. McConnell
Attorney at Law
144 Railroad Ave., Suite 308