[WSBAPT] Trust amendment

Jennifer Johnson jmhanigan at cni.net
Wed Sep 18 12:12:43 PDT 2019

Some of the main reasons title officers ask to see trust agreements are
1) to confirm vesting and ascertain that the trust agreement is the one
under which title was acquired, 2) to determine whether the trustee's
powers of sale/ disposition / encumbrance are limited in any way, and 3)
to make certain that the trust is still in effect.

Underwriting guidelines usually state that a copy of a trust agreement
should be submitted for examination and retention in the title file.

In cases wherein people do not want to submit their entire trust
agreement, whether because it is really long or for privacy reasons, I
have accepted a certificate, or reviewed a trust agreement with the
trustee in person and copied relevant pages that have information equal
to that which would be contained in a certificate.

If your title company isn't open to those suggestions, going up the
chain to a title officer (if that's not who you've already been talking
to), a manager or underwriting counsel might help.

Jennifer

Jennifer Johnson
Title Officer | Attorney
Wahkiakum Title & Escrow Co.
PO Box 39 - 68 Main Street
Cathlamet, WA 98612
(360) 795-3741
(360) 795-3001 (f)
www.wahtitle.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  THIS EMAIL IS INTENDED TO BE A CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVILEGED ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT READ OR PRINT IT.  This
transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  You are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or duplication of
this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its
designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If your receipt of this
transmission is in error, please notify the sender immediately by
calling 360.795.3494, or by reply to this transmission, and then
permanently delete the message.

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:  Email communication on the internet is NOT secure.
There is a risk that this communication may be intercepted illegally,
waiving any implied or explicit attorney-client or work-product privileges.