[WSBAPT] Providing Client with word version of draft demand letters/estate planning documents

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Tue Sep 17 15:51:31 PDT 2019

When I started out on my own, I used to send drafts (even as PDF's) - but
as a not-so-young, solo, I was quickly schooled in the ways of the
dishonest.

As has been previously stated - even with a PDF - your work product may not
be safe.  It is expressly written into my fee agreement that I will NOT
send draft documents.  If someone wants me to ensure that I collected all
of the appropriate information and spellings - I will send an email with
just a list of names, addresses, a recitation of their words to me
regarding their wishes but not in any usable format or with any of the
other "magic" language that makes a Will, POA, Trust, etc. have its power.

If a draft is truly that important - there is a specific extra fee and the
cost of printing and mailing.  I have stopped allowing someone the easy way
to take my work product.  Now, if they want to try to OCR or just re-type
then go ahead.

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *