[WSBAPT] Washington estate tax exemption

Thomas M. Culbertson tculbertson at lukins.com
Mon Sep 16 09:53:03 PDT 2019

Phil,

The WA exemption is tied to an index which ceased to exist in 2018, so DOR took the position that the exemption is no longer indexed for inflation.  The exemption last year was $2,193,000, it remains the same this year, and presumably will remain the same next year.  If the legislature did something about it this year, I'm sure someone on the list will let us know, but as far as I know the problem wasn't fixed this past legislative session.

Tom
THOMAS M. CULBERTSON  I  Lukins & Annis, PS
717 W. Sprague Ave, Suite 1600, Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 455-9555  I  fax (509) 363-2500  I  tculbertson at lukins.com<mailto:tculbertson at lukins.com>