[WSBAPT] Fair Debt Collection Practices

Steve Brandli steve at brandlilaw.com
Sat Sep 14 16:15:44 PDT 2019

I am not an expert in creditor law, so I was going to wait to see what
someone else said. However, I don't see another response.

It is my understanding that an attorney who collects for a client falls
under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.  I always include the
paragraph in my collection letters and follow the other rules.

It is also my understanding that the collection of a commercial debt is not
included in the act.  However, I follow all the rules anyway in part because
I do not do enough collection work to be clear on the lines.

              Steve