[WSBAPT] 4-month date?

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Tue Sep 10 08:40:18 PDT 2019

After reading the statute, it is my opinion that the time frame for unknown creditor's does not change by the death (or for the matter the resignation of the PR).  There is no "subject to" language in the statute and it would be a windfall to creditors if any other rule were applied.  I am years into a probate (recently engaged to represent beneficiary), if the PR were to step down (or die), another 4 months makes no sense in practice or under a reading of the statute.

I think if you refile, to give notice of the new PR, I would reference the date of the first filing as originally filed.

My 2 cents - best of luck

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden