[WSBAPT] PR in Japan

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Mon Sep 9 20:22:18 PDT 2019

Jenny, I have done a few probates with the PR located in foreign countries, I have yet to find a bank who would open an estate account without the PR appearing personally at the bank.  I suggested that the PR can sign and notarize the forms and signature cards at a US embassy to no avail.  I was told it’s the law that the person must be at the bank in person to open an account.  My point is that the PR may not be able to avoid a trip to the U.S.

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

This message and its attachements are intended only for the addressee.  Please do not forward this message to others without permission.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.