[WSBAPT] PR duty as to Will beneficiary on State assistance

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:07:23 PDT 2019

Hi Michael,

I agree with Candace. I have done this before for beneficiaries. It also
helps if everyone is on the same page and agrees, you could do a binding
non-judicial agreement between all parties and request the court establish
a SNT. King county does have a list for GALs. One of my favorite GALs I've
worked with in the past in King County is Roger Kohn.

Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Setareh

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 5:26 PM Candace Wilkerson <cwilkerson at wongfleming.com>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>

> I have seen the PR initiate the process of petitioning the court for the
> special needs trust to be established, and I’ve also seen an attorney for
> the beneficiary petition the court to do so (thereby making the beneficiary
> bear the costs of establishing the trust).  If there is a GAL appointed in
> the probate estate on behalf of the beneficiary, the GAL could recommend
> that the SNT be established for the beneficiary.
>

> Let me know offline if you’d like my experience with this.
>

> Candace Wilkerson

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible)*

*Email: SM at LawOfficesofSM.com*

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email message and any attachments is a
transmission from the law firm and is intended for the recipient only.  It
may contain information that is confidential and legally protected by the
attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the
designated or intended recipient, please destroy the message without
disclosing any of its contents and notify us immediately by reply email or
by calling (425) 806-1500.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to
advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax
advice contained in this communication, including attachments and
enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party
any tax-related matters addressed herein.