[WSBAPT] PR duty as to Will beneficiary on State assistance

Candace Wilkerson cwilkerson at wongfleming.com
Mon Sep 9 15:05:57 PDT 2019

I am licensed in CA, but haven’t done special needs trusts there.  Is the probate estate filed in WA?  I have been involved in more than one WA probate in which a special needs trust (first-party) was established by the court before distribution to a beneficiary with a disability.  So, even though the beneficiary’s interest may have vested, it’s not too late to establish the SNT before distribution.

Candace Wilkerson