[WSBAPT] Brokerage accounts

J A Cyphers jacyphers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 16:03:37 PDT 2019

Look at the following and see if it will work for you:
RCW 11.02.120
Transfer of shares—Liability.
Neither a domestic or foreign corporation or its registrar or transfer agent
shall be liable for transferring or causing to be transferred on the books
of the corporation to or pursuant to the direction of the surviving spouse
or the surviving domestic partner any share or shares or other securities
theretofore issued by the corporation to the deceased or surviving spouse or
both, or to the deceased or surviving domestic partner or both, if the
corporation or its registrar or transfer agent shall be provided with the
following:
(1) A copy of an agreement which shall have been entered into between the
spouses or between the domestic partners pursuant to RCW 26.16.120 and
certified by the auditor of the county in this state in whose office the
same shall have been recorded;
(2) A certified copy of the death certificate of the deceased spouse or
deceased domestic partner;
(3) An affidavit of the surviving spouse or surviving domestic partner that:
(a) The shares or other securities constituted community property of the
spouses or the domestic partners at date of death of the deceased spouse or
deceased domestic partner and their disposition is controlled by the
community property agreement;
(b) No proceedings have been instituted to contest or set aside or cancel
the agreement; and that
(c) The claims of creditors have been paid or provided for.

Jackie Cyphers
Jeannette A. Cyphers, Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 908
Edmonds, WA 98020-0908
425-776-5887
fax 425-640-0814
jacyphers at gmail.com

We do not use encrypted email so this message is not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege.  NOTE:  This email address is NOT
monitored 24/7.  If your matter requires prompt attention please call our
offices during business hours so we can discuss it with you and also discuss
timing.

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521 applies to this e-mail. Unauthorized review of
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by phone or reply e-mail. Do not disseminate this
e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies.