[WSBAPT] Spousal award in lieu for Deficiency judgment

Melinda mkgroutlaw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:00:15 PDT 2019

Hi all

Widower received Deficiency notice (for deceased wife’s car that he let be repo’d after her death).  Plan to notify auto company that widower will qualify for $125k Spousal Award in lieu, so no $$ to pay deficiency, and suggest they release it in exchange for small % check; if we have to go to court for actual Award, will be no $$ left..

Questions:
Is there a certain kind of documentation needed regarding a Deficiency confirming it is satisfied and gone?
also, any advice on this approach?

Melinda

Misspelled from my iPhone, which spells as it pleases and is not grammar correctly.

Melinda K Grout
PO Box 1360
Monroe, WA 98272
(360) 794-4322. Tel
(425) 744-6745. Fax

Notice:  This message is intended only for the addressee, and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.