[WSBAPT] CONTENTIOUS PROBATE

Candace Wilkerson cwilkerson at wongfleming.com
Tue Oct 15 13:30:35 PDT 2019

Jennifer, I dealt with this several years ago, but I had opened a probate estate previously.  My client was the PR, and the person who had taken the assets wasn’t even an heir of the estate.  I filed a Personal Representative’s Notice of Nonprobate Assets Subject to Disgorgement for Estate Expenses (RCW 11.18.200), filed  it in the probate case itself, and served it on the person who received the assets (I think I just mailed it to him).  I wasn’t absolutely sure I was doing it correctly, but it seemed to work.

Let me know if I can help.

Candace Wilkerson