[WSBAPT] Trust with Irrevocable Beneficiary Question

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Wed Oct 9 08:47:57 PDT 2019

This is a typical Living trust/split at death of first trust.  Many times in this situation, the survivor may have a power of appointment amongst descendants over the “irrevocable trust”  to consider just this type of thing.  Additionally, I have used TEDRA in not the same factual case but similar desire for a wayward child – we discuss with the child or his/her agent that surviving spouse can change his/her trust distribution and is considering doing so to  leave only to two children unless all parties can come to an agreement on how all 3 can share and how child’s 3 share should go (for example if felon has children or family on the outside).  I would be happy to chat with you if you wanted.  Also, check out the new decanting RCW see if there may be help there.

Best of luck,

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden