[WSBAPT] Duty to Distribute Copies of Trust to Contingent Beneficiaries

Mark Vohr mcv at ohanafc.com
Tue Nov 19 15:38:51 PST 2019

RCW 11.98.072 is the statute.

Mark Vohr
Principal, Ohana Fiduciary Corporation
(206) 782-1189
Mcv at ohanafc.com
________________________________
From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> on behalf of Jeff Davis <jeff at bellanddavispllc.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:26:17 PM
To: 'WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv' <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: [WSBAPT] Duty to Distribute Copies of Trust to Contingent Beneficiaries

Listmates,

It has always been my practice to distribute copies of the trust document to all named beneficiaries, both primary and contingent upon the Trustor or last Trustor’s death.  PC is the primary, and sole beneficiary of his father’s trust provided he survived the father, with PC’s children as contingent beneficiaries if he did not survive.  Dad died leaving a substantial estate of both real estate and money.  PC does not want to give out copies of the trust to his children.  I could not find it, but I thought there was an RCW, within the trust statutes, requiring distribution of the trust agreement.  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff Davis

W. Jeff Davis, Esq.

BELL & DAVIS PLLC
P.O. Box 510
Sequim WA 98382
Phone No.:(360) 683.1129
Fax No.: (360) 683.1258
email: info at bellanddavispllc.com<mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>
www.bellanddavispllc.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.bellanddavispllc.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=K1mLMC1eFjwfeeMM-AC6zQ&m=20HE0Y4TGLOiVeuZUU1kRloCzcPEAe-n5SEr6krfwhM&s=13vuEgiY9e6j0aZkmaE9Wgw2pvF1AIC3FgM4VhrkZSY&e=>

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender at info at bellanddavispllc.com<mailto:info at bellanddavispllc.com>  or call 360.683.1129