[WSBAPT] SoCal Credit Union Issue

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at bwrconsults.com
Mon May 6 15:02:52 PDT 2019

One of my clients passed with an account at a credit union that serves the
residents of Southern California.  They are refusing to accept Letters
Testamentary from Washington and demanding that before they will release
any funds that we have  Letters Testamentary “*Domesticated to California
Court*”..  or “*Validated by a California Court*.”

I have worked with other regional banks and credit unions and never come
across this issue before, and thus have never sought to have anything
opened in what I would presume is an ancillary probate in California.

Does anyone have experience with this type of demand or situation that can
share some thoughts on how to do this in the most cost effective manner?

Thank you!

Brent

--

*Brent Williams-Ruth*