[WSBAPT] bond procedure

Andrekita Silva ak at seattle-silvalaw.com
Fri Jun 21 12:15:21 PDT 2019

  Michael,

I’m not sure if this is your first email or if there was an earlier
email with more context. If no one else has answered, in the past when
my PR has had to secure a bond, I have secured only ONE order which
establishes probate, finds the estate solvent, appoints the PR ,
orders the amount of bond, and order letters to be issued to PR.
            Even though the PR is appointed by the order, the CLERK
will not issue letters until it receives the PR’s oath and the
original bond.  I’m pretty sure I don’t recall a bonding company
requiring a certified copy of the order appointing PR etc., I can’t
remember if the bonding company requires an original signature on the
bond application or if I was able to send them a scanned copy of the
application. You can call the bonding company to verify what their
requirements, though.
I’m pretty sure the CLERK will not accept a copy of the bond, but
requires the original. I have used Griffin MacLean Insurance Brokers.
I believe they do this all the time and I’ve never been asked for any
particular language.

andrekita
Law Office of F. Andrekita Silva
1325 Fourth Avenue, Suite 2000