[WSBAPT] Probate distribution to inmate

Philip N. Jones pjones at duffykekel.com
Thu Jun 20 12:38:44 PDT 2019

One of my colleagues has asked me to post the following question:

Washington probate.  Beneficiary under the Will is incarcerated in prison for next three years.  Beneficiary does not have a bank account.  Is there a special procedure for distributing assets to an incarcerated beneficiary?  Or should the beneficiary's share be placed in a trust account until the beneficiary is released from prison?

Philip N. Jones |Duffy Kekel LLP
900 S.W. Fifth Ave., Suite 2500, Portland OR 97204
(503) 226-1371 (main)| (503) 226-3574 (fax)
pjones at duffykekel.com<mailto:pjones at duffykekel.com>