[WSBAPT] Specific Gift of Firearm to Minors

Krista MacLaren kjm.inc at mac.com
Wed Jun 5 12:43:31 PDT 2019

This is a super interesting question.  Personally, I would not advise a PR to do anything potentially against the interest of a minor without a GAL appointed.  It is a lot of expense for something like this, but I believe if the minor realized what happened after turning 18, he could have a cause of action against the PR (his parent) personally.  Also, it just doesn’t seem right.  I don’t know whether a GAL could recommend that before receiving the guns, the minor would have to be both an adult and have received a certain number of hours of instruction, or something like that.  I am curious to see what others say.

Krista J. MacLaren
Attorney at Law
Northgate Executive Center II
9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98115
(206) 523-6116
kjm.inc at icloud.com

Please note, as with most email providers, Mac does not encrypt email messages. Accordingly, the confidentiality of messages sent to this address cannot be assured. This e-mail is intended for viewing only by the individual or entity to whom its content is addressed, and it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you received this email in error, please honor the privacy of the intended recipient: reply to the sender regarding the error and delete the message.