[WSBAPT] Small estate matter

James W. Spencer jamess at brothershenderson.com
Tue Jun 4 15:14:39 PDT 2019

Greetings:

The surviving CIR is NOT an intestate heir. Peffley-Warner v. Bowen, 113 Wn. 2d 243, 253, 778 P.2d 1022 (1989).

I believe that the surviving partner would need to prove CIR and get a court to award the funds in equity. There may also be jurisdictional issues vis-à-vis Oregon and the CIR doctrine.

As always, I am curious what others have to say.

James W. Spencer
Brothers & Henderson, P.S.
2722 Eastlake Avenue East, Suite 200
Seattle, Washington 98102
Phone: (206) 324-4300 x106
e-mail:  jamess at brothershenderson.com<mailto:jamess at brothershenderson.com>
www.brothershenderson.com<http://www.brothershenderson.com/>

The information transmitted in this e-mail message and attachments is attorney-client information, is privileged or confidential material and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you have received this transmission in error, immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this transmission and all copies including attachments.