[WSBAPT] Unique Trust Situation - May Need to Associate with another

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Mon Jul 22 15:34:33 PDT 2019

Good Afternoon Colleague -

I have an interesting situation involving a Trust that does not include a
residue distribution clause. Someone whispered into the ear of my Trustee
saying that she may have the right to become the beneficial owner of those
remaining assets.

When she expressed an interested in seeing if this can happen, I thought to
myself - there is no way. This is NOT the law.

Long story short - this is actually not completely unheard of as I stumbled
about Section 8 of the Restatement of Trusts (Third), comment f.

There is a lot at stake for this Trustee, the total value of the Trust is
less than $1 million - but if the Trustee wants to make a run for this, I
will want to pull in additional counsel.

If this is something you or your firm may be interested in working together
on, please write to me off-list.

Disclaimer - there is more to these fact patterns so please know that I
know there is more to this than what I am specifically writing in this
post. Simply trying to gauge interest as to who might be interested in
working together should we go down that path.

Thank you!

Brent

*Brent Williams-Ruth*
*Attorney-At-Law*

*Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of **BWR Consulting, PLLC*

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail <Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com> / website
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com/> / facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults> /

*As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent
Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new
points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com
<http://www.Williams-RuthLaw.com> *