[WSBAPT] domestic partnership and medicaid

Robert R. Cole cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Fri Jul 19 09:34:02 PDT 2019

My research (and advice from others) does not necessarily comport with
Wendy's.  My case is an elderly opposite-sex couple.  The feds do not
recognize state law in that case; they treat them as two separate
individuals (like they do with income tax). Sometimes that works out
good, other times bad.  But for my case, it is not the same as a
marriage.  Same-sex RDPs did automatically become marriages, but older
people did not.

Very Truly Yours,

Robert R. Cole

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.