[WSBAPT] Will-only THEN creditor opens estate administration NOW we want will admitted to probate

Alexis Singletary alexis at singletarylawoffice.com
Wed Jul 3 20:46:09 PDT 2019

Sorry, Eric and list!
My bad- creditor is a SECURED creditor of decedent's home where my client has lived with her gravely disabled young adult daughter since before decedent's passing.  My client did nothing after her mom died (think she didn't actually know there was a reverse mortgage), so lender started foreclosure and got Administrator appointed.

Just got client appointed as Successor Administrator and is now dealing with lender.  The Administration has 3-4 long-estranged children of decedent included in the Estate while decedent's Will gives entire estate to my client, so that's why we want Will admitted.  We've been told by lender there are different rules, even more flexible rules, for buying a reverse mortgage residence when it is the heir to the deceased borrower's estate.

Clearly we don't want disabled daughter to have to move from the home that she has known for over a decade and which has been specially modified to meet her needs.

Thank you all for replies on and off list!
Alexis
Alexis R. Singletary
Attorney at Law
Singletary Law Office, PLLC
253.833.8855
www.SingletaryLawOffice.com<http://www.singletarylawoffice.com/>

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential and may be protected by attorney-client privilege and/or the work-product doctrine.  If you are not the intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.