[WSBAPT] Pers. Rep Garnished for Individual Debt of PR

Doug Schafer schafer at pobox.com
Sat Jan 19 07:25:50 PST 2019

I agree with Marcus.  And since the PR is holding the judgment debtor's
vested legal right to receive one-sixth of the estate, I disagree with your
suggestion that "she should be able to say that, in her role as PR, she
presently holds nothing belonging to the PR, individually, in her Answer to
the Writ of Garnishment."  The PR certainly can state that the value of the
judgment debtor's distributable share of the estate is presently unknown.
The PR should treat the matter the same as if the judgment creditor were
garnishing the estate share of an estranged sibling of hers. Doing
otherwise might lead, eventually, to the loss of her nonintervention powers
or even her removal as PR.

Doug Schafer