[WSBAPT] Adult family home fee increase

Jeff Crollard jbc at crollardlaw.com
Wed Jan 2 17:09:51 PST 2019

Lovie,

I've dealt with adult family home issues extensively for decades.  I was the long-term care ombudsman's attorney for 25 years.  I'm out tomorrow, but could talk Friday.  Meanwhile, here's an excerpt from some training materials I wrote several years ago.

In general, long-term care facilities must give 30 days' prior written notice before "changes in the availability or the charges for services, items, or activities, or of changes in the facility's rules."  RCW 70.129.030(4).  In other words, 30 days' notice is required for a fee increase. There are two exceptions to the 30 days' notice requirement:  (1) In an emergency (which isn't defined), 30 days' notice is not required, and (2) For adult family homes, "if there is a substantial and continuing change in the resident's condition necessitating substantially greater services," then 14 days' notice is sufficient.  RCW 70.129.030(4).  The adult family home's admission agreement must be consistent with RCW 70.12 and other applicable laws.  WAC 388-76010540(10).

Jeff

Jeff B. Crollard

Crollard Law Office, PLLC
Northgate Executive Center II
9725  3rd Ave NE, Suite 600
Seattle, WA 98115-2061
Phone:  206-623-3333
Fax:  206-623-3838
jbc at crollardlaw.com<mailto:jbc at crollardlaw.com>

This email is confidential and may contain information that is protected by attorney-client, work product or other privileges.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use or reliance upon its contents is prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify me and then delete the email.