[WSBAPT] Intestate Inheritance with "kindred of the half blood"

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed Feb 20 12:14:20 PST 2019

First, I think you are confusing terms between half siblings and step siblings. The steps have no claim because they are not blood relatives. The half sibs do because they share one parent with the decedent.
See Section 6.4 of the WSBA Probate desk book. The discussion about ancestral property (which you raised below) is also interesting.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.