[WSBAPT] Creditor "auto accident"

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:23:09 PST 2019

Hmmm.  This concerns me.  I have always told my wife that if I die while still practicing law, that she should probate my Will in order to shorten any possible legal malpractice claims to the probate period (though I have never been sued for legal malpractice and I carry insurance).  Your advice seems to indicate that a tort SOL will continue to run even after a PR gives a creditor's notice and published notice?  Are you saying that even if my wife probates my Will and publishes all of the proper notices, that a client can still bring a malpractice lawsuit after the running of the four months but before the legal malpractice SOL runs?  Or, am I misunderstanding your statements?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.