[WSBAPT] Notice to unknown heirs

Andrew Hay andrewhay at washingtonlaw.net
Mon Feb 11 21:57:34 PST 2019

Hmmm.  I've got an estate with a PR appointed per the will. Beneficiaries are charities.  Estate value less than $500K.

Decedent was a widower.  He has no children and no brothers and sisters.  His parents are long dead.

What notice of pendency of probate is required and how much effort should go to notify the parents' heirs?

I am inclined to publish a notice of pendency of probate along with the notice to creditors and call it good.

Andrew Hay
Hay & Swann PLLC
201 South 34th Street
Tacoma, WA  98418
Phone: (253) 272-2400
Fax:     (253) 267-8947
www.washingtonlaw.net<http://www.washingtonlaw.net/>

THIS IS A CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT ONLY.  IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY ALL COPIES