[WSBAPT] half-life of a probate claim

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Fri Dec 13 11:38:42 PST 2019

Well there you go - thanks.

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com <wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com> On Behalf Of Eric Nelsen
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2019 11:24 AM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv <wsbapt at lists.wsbarppt.com>
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] half-life of a probate claim

Filing of a creditor claim does not toll statute of limitations, which continues to roll on against the creditor, and can actually extinguish the creditor claim if it hasn't earlier been allowed (a) by the automatic statutory approval for claims under $1000 or (b) by affirmative action of the PR. Estate of Henington, 182 Wn.App. 534, 539-540, 331 P.3d 112 (Div. 2 2014).

I haven't Shepardized that recently but I think it's still good law.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC