[WSBAPT] FW: Removing deceased ex-spouse from property title

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed Dec 4 16:57:45 PST 2019

Off the top, I see two options:
1) Probate ExH estate and obtain deed from estate, assuming the named PR
will cooperate.

2 Quiet title under RCW 7.28.
Sue Heirs at Law of ExH.
Complaint should allege your client has paid the taxes for past 7 years and
allege Adverse possession under 7.28.070 (if applicable) and
Allege the dissolution decree as being intended to give her title.
Obtain a litigation guarantee from title company;
Ask both daughters if they will accept service or serve them;
See if daughters will stipulate to Order Quieting Title; if not default them
out after service;
Enter default and order quieting title.

A simple easy open/easy close probate with a deed from PR is probably less
money in long run.
Call if you want to discuss QT. The above outline is skeletal in nature.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.