[WSBAPT] Possible to Reject a TOD?

Diane J. Kiepe DJKiepe at depdslaw.com
Mon Dec 2 16:46:21 PST 2019

Brent,

I believe a disclaimer would pas the property in accordance with the bank contract if any and if not, to his descendants as if he predeceased and if none, then in the form of intestacy which may or may not be the 7 folks you mentioned.  A disclaimer in this case is only effective if the asset finds it’s way to the estate which I have found in practice happens half the time.

It would be much simpler to get the money and make the payments (then he would also get a nice income tax deduction).  The only potential warning is if any of the accounts are qualified plans because he will then have to pay income tax on that asset.

Happy to talk it through if you are so inclined.

Diane J. Kiepe

Diane J. Kiepe
Douglas Eden
717 W. Sprague Ave.