[WSBAPT] Undue influence

Brent Williams-Ruth brent at williams-ruthlaw.com
Wed Aug 28 13:30:51 PDT 2019

Client, 88, complete and total control of her facilities finally creates estate planning documents. Family relations strained for decades. Without any influence or direction, after four hours of “talking it out” she made her choices.

Family member calls to say hi, she mentions that her documents are now done and how she feels so much better.  The game of telephone ensues. Another family member calls, somehow gets her to disclose her decisions, and berates her for the decisions.

In reading Dean v Jordan, I believe she is now at least four of the seven m undue influence and coercion points, as she called me in tears wanting to make the changes requested by this family member that are exactly contradictory of what she set up this past weekend.

I have never yet had to deal with this issue of family members emerging and exerting this level of influence and would appreciate any guidance regarding how to move forward.

Thank you for your responses,

Brent

Brent Williams-Ruth
Attorney-At-Law

Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth, a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC

Office/Scheduling Phone: (425) 830-5134

Direct Mobile: (206) 889-7919

e-mail / website / facebook /

As of July 1, 2019 - I began operating as the Law Offices of Brent Williams-Ruth a division of BWR Consulting, PLLC. Please note the new points of contact Brent at Williams-RuthLaw.com and www.Williams-RuthLaw.com