[WSBAPT] Arbitration Advice

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:26:52 PDT 2019

Listmates and Arbitration Gurus: I have questions about a concluded arbitration through TEDRA on a petition for a family award.  It was a TEDRA action:

1.	Call has gone out regarding submitting atty fees request.  We went through many court hearings regarding mediation and arbitration before we even got to the third-party arbitration.  So, can atty fees in arbitration go back to the beginning of the TEDRA action or does arbitration fees only relate to the fees spent in the actual arbitration?
2.	Is a trial de novo a regular trial (though you can't mention the arbitration) which just goes to the end of the trial calendar?  In other words, is it an expediated procedure.
3.	Where can I find information/guidance on the trial de novo process?

Thanks for all of your guidance.  Paul Neumiller