[WSBAPT] Survival for Intestate Succession

Rebecca King rebecca at nwelg.com
Fri Aug 23 12:19:00 PDT 2019

I think you might find this statute helpful:
RCW 11.05A.020<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.05A.020>
Minimum survival requirement-Probate code.
Except as provided in RCW 11.05A.060<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.05A.060> and except for the purposes of the uniform TOD security registration act, if the title to property, the devolution of property, the right to elect an interest in property, or the right to exempt property, homestead, or family allowance depends upon an individual's survivorship of the death of another individual, an individual who is not established by clear and convincing evidence to have survived the other individual by one hundred twenty hours is deemed to have predeceased the other individual. This section does not apply if its application would result in a taking of intestate estate by the state.

Warmest regards,
Rebecca King
Attorney

Northwest Elder Law Group