[WSBAPT] Survival for Intestate Succession

J A Cyphers jacyphers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 12:17:14 PDT 2019

RCW 11.05A.020
Minimum survival requirement—Probate code.
Except as provided in RCW 11.05A.060 and except for the purposes of the
uniform TOD security registration act, if the title to property, the
devolution of property, the right to elect an interest in property, or the
right to exempt property, homestead, or family allowance depends upon an
individual's survivorship of the death of another individual, an individual
who is not established by clear and convincing evidence to have survived the
other individual by one hundred twenty hours is deemed to have predeceased
the other individual. This section does not apply if its application would
result in a taking of intestate estate by the state.
[ 2007 c 475 § 8.]

Jackie Cyphers
Jeannette A. Cyphers, Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 908
Edmonds, WA 98020-0908
425-776-5887
fax 425-640-0814
jacyphers at gmail.com

We do not use encrypted email so this message is not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege.  NOTE:  This email address is NOT
monitored 24/7.  If your matter requires prompt attention please call our
offices during business hours so we can discuss it with you and also discuss
timing.

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use of the person or persons to
whom it is addressed. The Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521 applies to this e-mail. Unauthorized review of
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by phone or reply e-mail. Do not disseminate this
e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies.